Engaging in wine ecommerce can offer a lot of benefits for sellers. But in order to reap those benefits, you need to convince customers to buy from you.
Here are a few ideas:
- Allow customers to return online orders to your brick-and-mortar wine store.
- Provide free or flat-rate shipping — whichever makes the most sense for your wine business.
- Send loyal customers exclusive coupons and invites for early access to special online sales.
- Email customers personalized recommendations for related products based on their past purchases.
- Connect with customers on your social media accounts and ask for their feedback about products, sales, and your brand in general.
- Encourage customers to place an online order for wine they’d previously bought at the store or tried in your tasting room by offering them a discount.
- Create educational content about wine — for example, a how-to guide that helps novice wine drinkers choose between red wine and white wine or a blog a wine enthusiast can use to find similar wines they might like.
A quick note: the two things that tie all of these strategies together are data and research.